Monday, October 13, 2008

A poem.

Below is a poem found in 'The 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make' by Sean Covey. It's written by a teenager:

The other day I saw my girl walking with some other man
They were walking and giggling and having a time
And I saw she was holding his hand!

I stood back and spied, my eyes filled with tears
As I watched this foul display
Some overly cheerful bicep with legs
Was taking my baby away!

As I spied over Dumpsters with feelings of hate
I saw them in a close embrace! Now I'm broken-hearted
'Cause before they parted, I saw her kiss his face.

That ended my garbage-can espionage
I thought I had seen quite enough
I decided to confront that devilish girl
Who I had once called my true love.

So I typed up an e-mail to that wicked female
And gave her a piece of my mind.
But I won't say what I said, in case there's kids present
But I will say my words were unkind.

I said it was the end, and right when I clicked send
I heard my telephone ring.
I picked up the receiver and couldn't believe her
It was my little ex...thing.

She said "Sorry babe that I haven't seen you all day
But my older brother's in town!
Did I ever tell you that he is a boxer
And one of the biggest around?!

He'd like to meet you but he's quite protective
So behave whatever you do,
I'll just check my e-mail and then we'll come by
And...oh look! Here's an e-mail from you."


the storyline's quite expected, but it's definitely funnieee=p
moral of the poem:
--The single most important communication skill you can ever learn is how to listen. Often we get into trouble because we jump to conclusions without understanding all the details--by Sean Covey

p.s. this is a must read book for teenagers!!!

No comments: